Sunday, December 21, 2008

Lucky

I think it snowed sometime the other day. Hope everyone enjoyed that. I sure did. I will probably upload some pictures soon. It was fun to be a real kid after a while. Snow causes me to become somewhat masochistic but it is all worth it I believe.

I'm pretty excited to attend the Bandfest on the 30th of this month. To hear my friends contribute their wonderful sound to it will be thoroughly rewarding. Can't wait! (plus I'll be hanging out with some college kids. How cool is that. :P) I have my twenty dollars ready.
We had our last day with Mr. Cassady last Wednesday and that really did make me sad. He's such a wonderful teacher and I can't believe we are done with that class. It went by too fast. Although that's bad news, we are done with our first semester of IB! That is pretty exciting and frankly it wasn't that bad. My grades are pretty solid but now that there is news that we are changing the grading scale to some wierd 13-point one I might have to work harder next semester. Yikes.

I get so bored easily but luckily I have my new red electric guitar to play around with. It was supposed to be my Christmas present but hah I don't even know how I got my hands on it. Anyways I don't even play guitar but it's all in good fun.

My parents are more social than I am. I can't even remember how many parties I've been forced to go to with my parents. It's all fine with me as long as they feed me and give me some place to sleep until the party ends. That's what I usually do. Perhaps I even read or do homework given a sufficient amount of light. Speaking of reading, I finished and did my oral commentary on World War Z (a book about Zombie pandemic about to eradicate humanity). I liked the book and it is sort of scary once you look up pictures about it and what not. I recommend you read it if you are looking for something scary? or just plain fun. You know who wins in this war? CUBA haha good ole Fidel Castro. It's quite funny to see how countries react to the Zombie War. If you like history you might even like this one too.
So the title of this post is from the song Lucky by Jason Mraz featuring Colbie Caillat. (Pris knows what I'm talking about. :) ) I'm trying to learn the female harmony part to it. It's quite fun to try to sing a harmony rather than the melody.We are all kind of lucky in our own way I think. Maybe. I'm pretty grateful for everything.
Well I'm off to go register for the SAT for January. Hopefully I will be taking it on January 24, 2009 over at AVC. I need to study up for it. Enjoy winter break.

3 comments:

Priscila said...

Oh my gosh sheena! I LOVE the song Lucky. I honestly think it is my favorite Jason Mraz. Good choice in music. Anyways, Happy Christmas and New Year. Cheers!

Marcea said...

Hey!

HAHA, I LOVE that song too!!! XD I think I discovered it on your iPod that I always like to steal. hahah, good taste in music Pris & Sheena!!

Happy Holidays! ♥

~Marc-UH

Josh said...

I like how you also refer to your grades as "pretty solid."

I'm reading World War Z, so you better get on Clockwork Orange.

Masochism...good times, remember? I don't, too numb with pain but that's how I know they were good times.