Saturday, June 20, 2009

Oh, Summer

So we recently have finished IB ToK and now summer has officially started (somewhat). ToK went by really quick and all in all it wasn't too bad. We had a mock trial, a debate, an essay, and a final speech. I managed to have fun with all of them although public speaking is definitely not my thing. Now to get started on that extended essay....later. Ha, I've heard that Dr. Reti called people during the summer in the past years so it would be pretty interesting if that happened to me. I wouldn't know what to say. Hopefully, it does not happen and chances are I won't even answer it because I simply fail at answering my cell phone or any phone.

On Friday, I took senior pictures. Hah, I missed them on Monday because I have a problem of remembering things but it wasn't any hassle at all. My mom almost started crying when I was taking the cap and gown portion so I basically told her to calm the heck down. Hah, nah I would not say that to my mom but I was quite surprised that she would get emotional so early in the year. It was sweet though. I take awkward pictures.


I also had my first dance session with Josh. We started the foxtrot and needless to say I very much enjoyed it. It's such a classy dance (not that I could ever pull it off) but I thought it was cool that we get to dance to Frank Sinatra type of music. I'm such a beginner but it's nice Josh is willing to put up with me and try this dancing thing out. Despite the fact there are also some strangers who are learning too, it's still quite a fun time. I have calculated a total of 2.5 hours for my CAS hours so far. I definitely need to start practicing to reach that fifty. Ha, I'm not complaining.
I'll also keep updates on the Sagebrush Cafe gig. It's coming together and it looks like we only need to have an informal audition. I just have no idea what songs to pick yet and I'm already quite nervous. As far as when, it's definitely going to be a Friday from 6 to 9 so the best I can do is give a notice that it's going to be a Friday sometime in the next couple of weeks or so. Hopefully things fall through and I'll try to find a convenient day so that everyone can come. It's a pretty small cafe but I think we can all get cozy in there...or not.

Hopefully, I can go to Six Flags this summer with friends. I need to scream incoherently. It's quite a form of venting when you're all bottled up from a long school year.

I should probably just start summer reading and get that AP Calc book. Hah, I feel so happy that I finally caught up with math (although it stills screws me over) but to think I will be taking AP Calc BC just makes me...dorkishly happy. Man, I wish I was cooler.

Surprisingly I don't think I am taking any AVC classes this summer. Ha, it feels weird not to. My summer almost feels incomplete. I really need to find something to do besides sleeping and eating.

So everyone is getting hyped on watching The Office. Ha, it's quite funny to see that but I can't say I don't watch it myself. I again thank my buddy Mike for introducing it. I definitely agree it's quite a funny show and I don't mind watching it for hours. It's always so nice with friends so I am very thankful for that as well.

All right, I don't think I know what else to say at this point so I'll stop here. I'll probably keep blogging in smaller intervals since I have a little more time than usual.

Happy Father's Day and go give daddy a hug. :]

No comments: