Thursday, January 29, 2009

What is Real?

We are well into second semester and we got a lot done these past few weeks. No more killer portfolios and the SAT is done for now. Ha, I'll try not to go into a lot of school stuff because you can basically read Josh's blog and know how school is going. That goes for band news and related paraphernalia as well. District Honor band rehearsals started today and I do very much enjoy our guest conductor Dr. Carnahan. He's actually making me like the pieces we are playing when I initially was not fond of them. Awesome stuff. Our concert is tomorrow.

IB Theory of Knowledge is now installed into our schedules and I must say that class does spark some tension within me. It's an interesting class and I already do like Dr. Reti. He asks pretty deep questions and really makes us kids think. He bakes cakes and runs marathons. Pretty neat I would say.

Tinikling has been running along quite nicely. I love dancing as you probably already know. I think I am obsessed. It is probably unhealthy but it's impossible to hide my enthusiasm.

I am thinking of donating blood soon in this blood drive. I'll post up more specific information soon once I dig up some. I have not done this before and I want a button that says it's my first time. Oh and of course to save at least three lives. It's a noble cause and I am thoroughly excited to do it. I hope I don't have some sort of vulnerability to faint spells since my dad warned me that my mom is prone to that (she also lacks iron). I've had huge bloody noses in the past and I am pretty used to losing a lot of blood. The most that happens is a possible headache. Hopefully I get to do this.

I just woke from a nap right after dance practice. I think I was hypoglycemic. Ha, that scared my parents and myself since it is a bit odd to see me sleeping randomly on the couch when I normally don't. I don't even remember trying to sleep, but I am pretty sure I had a huge headache and could not stand it so I crashed. So they made me eat right away when I woke up (I think my mom shook me awake) and I felt a whole lot better. I totally forgot to eat after band and before practice. I didn't even eat at band even though we had a lunch period. It was awful of me. I'll try to remember to eat. It's sad because I get so caught up with everything else that I learned how to suppress hunger. I've skipped dinner accidentally numerous times and only realize it around ten or eleven. Hah. I will be more conscious.

Anyways I'll leave it at that. Hope you guys have a good Friday and weekend. Stay sober.

No comments: