Monday, October 4, 2010

Feeling Good

WOW. It's been a few weeks now in college and needless to say, I am LOVING it. I would have to say marching band has been a major highlight so far and football games at the rose bowl are incredibly fun. On top of all that we are doing a MUSE show (one of my favorite bands) and a cartoon show on top of a pregame show. Spelling out UCLA in block letters and the script (in cursive) is one of the most prestigious things I have ever done haha. Just in case anyone is interested I'm in the C in block UCLA and in the U in UCLA script. It's the best feeling ever.


I love the UCLA uniform. What more can I ask for? There's a freaking gold cape for crying out loud and the band looks great on the field and pretty much everywhere. I also really, really like my clarinet section and the people in it. I just wish I could talk more and NOT be so shy but hopefully with time it won't be too hard. I mean...I can honestly say I have met my closest friends through band so I doubt this would be any different from high school. I don't think anyone from UCLA would be reading this but I just wanted to know I appreciate all the clarinets very much. :)

Football games are either in the afternoon or at night so the afternoon ones are extremely hot. It's quite ridiculous how much the heat can get to you but luckily band serves a good enough distraction. :)

Classes have been also really good and dorming is great (I enjoy my roommates)...a lot of reading but the math is pretty easy and the GE classes are interesting. I'm getting more and more used to the walking, hills, and endless amount of stairs here in UCLA but all in all it's very much worth it. (good exercise right?)

This weekend is our band trip to CAL! I am so excited to go there and see Cal for the first time on top of going to an away game with the band. I hear USC is going to Stanford at the same time...hopefully I run into Josh with a couple of my clarinet friends so we can bully him around. ;) December 4 is the USC vs. UCLA game so if anyone is in town and wanna see what all the fuss is about in the coliseum by all means GO. :)

This is officially the first blog post since I got here and so I hope I can update more. I have been singing and playing guitar but haven't had a large enough block of time to record a video for youtube. Hopefully, when things settle in more I can find time to update that. At any rate, I am always up for anyone wanting to visit me or in need of a tour. There are so many things to do here - dining halls (yummy food), cafes, campus events, walking, and of course Westwood. I'm really enjoying all of what UCLA is offering thus far and I can't wait to explore more. 

So I will end here for now and find more things and pictures to use next post. Fact: The squirrels here are beastly. They are NOT afraid of you.

Hope you guys have a happy October. 

1 comment:

Priscila said...

Sheena!!!! I'm so happy you're happy! You look so grown up in your pictures. :) I hope I can come see you soon! That way you can also give me a tour! ;)