Sunday, August 17, 2008

Just the Usual...

The Philippines has a total of 15 athletes competing in 8 different sporting events in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. We currently have 0 medals and haven't had a medal in the previous years. Don't you think it would be nice if we got one?! Anyways Micheal Phelps is just amazing and there's so many talented, healthy people out there competing. I love the Olympics. This picture of a bike just says it all.
School is just the usual. Waking up early for 0 period is kind of annoying and I miss coming to the band room in the morning. I like most of my teachers, which is a good thing since you know it's easier and more exciting to learn. I have Mr. Cassady again(history), Mr. House (english), Sra. Pena (spanish), Mr. Herman (methods), Mrs. Rayfield (biology), and Mrs. Chaddick (psychology). I also have Mrs. Martinez for Jounalism and of course Mr. McQ. This week went by pretty fast so I hope the year is like that. Most of my classmates have the same schedule as I do, which is no big surprise.

My marching band number is 23 this year. Like last year, Josh and I both sandwich a section leader (John this time) and like before the section leader is usually somewhere else doing his/her duty. The show is coming along although this week we set too much moves for our band to handle, which ultimately leads to resetting these moves the next practice. We actually were able to make a circle and curves a few times and to move as section. Isn't that great?! Danny Elfman is pretty cool and the music is fun at times. This year I actually wear sunscreen every practice because I actually got sunburnt one day. This is unheard of with a Filipino! I am rather disappointed with myself but I guess sunscreen is good so I won't get too dark.

I have a lot of homework this weekend. It makes me sad. You know what's a waste of time? Trying to fall asleep at night! Immediate/instant sleep after a long day is much more better and productive rather than just laying there thinking about how tired you are. And what's better? You wake up more sweetly and happily when you fall asleep right away. I don't know if it's just me, but I rather fall asleep faster than slowly drift into napping time.

I can't wait to help Tani with the bake sale! Banana bread is pretty fun to make especially in abundance. I like banana bread tons.

I bought Peter and the Wolf, the short film, for my ipod. I must say I really I love it. Russians are so talented. The cat part is just spectacular! The film was definitely worth the money.

Anyways I hope you guys have a good week. This year should turn out pretty nice.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hey Sheena!
Your schedule for this year seems pretty intense. But I had some of the teachers that you have this year. Like Mr.House and Mr.Cassidy are great teachers. Anyways have fun and keep me updated about band.

Julia said...

You bought Peter and the Wolf? Isn't it great? I've kept it on Tivo for months, even though my parents threaten to delete it. On PBS they have another half hour after they show the film. It's basically all the behind the scenes. It's amazing all the effort they put into it. You should watch it sometime.